G is for GODISTURBER. (CHU & FLY)

One purpose of this web site is to build up a database of work from both CHU and FLY that approximates a guide to new audio technologies through the lens of our different artistic goggles.
Generally CHU paints pictures while fly arranges alphabet in special ways, but CHU as a Graffiti writer blurs the boundary of painting and writing, and so we begin the synesthesia between dot, line, plane and symbol system.

But... a sentence such as this is unlikely from CHU, I guess I'm more analytical and intellectual in my communications whereas CHU, at a guess to draw a comparison, communicates with a more rounded and general language of visual images, and is capable to put 100's of thousands of words into his detailed murals, full burners and unique Chuscapes.

I have set myself the task of approximating such paintings by CHU and Graffiti art' in general using just words, just fuckin' wairdz, over the last 10 years, and obviously the form of poetry fits the subject matter best, to produce the closest possible translation between media, from visual to text.

As a linear textual writer and poet I find it easy to digress and squeeze all the toothpaste out of the tube of metaphors, finding myself posting and writing about all manner of subjects, probably hard to associate for the casual reader, and, I can feel myself moving away from the concept of a turntable manual, or an indexed operators guide. Here, I hope to address these issues and propose and new direction in collaborative creation.

For starters here, I'll simply reproduce some CHU work and begin to add my commentary on what I think its about, and how it relates to the digital age, internet and the new Kulture. The pieces I have picked here, for me, reflect the heart of our mission statement as Godisturber, and I hope to expand this post in smaller seperate entities at a later date, enjoy, and thanks mate, if your reading, hope the words suit you sir. --Steve fly.

TURNTABLE TANK - SKETCH. By CHU

AURGY - By CHU

Turntable Tank - By CHU.




CUIBIC EXPERIMENTAL LADDER BY CHU

Train Side Section - By CHU

No comments: